- Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Workshop
August 7, 2017 - August 8, 2017
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY
Level 1 CLINICAL TRAINING
BRIDGING THE COUPLE CHASM
CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS AVAILABLE THROUGH R. CASSIDY SEMINARS
PRESENTED BY: DR. CROSSEN
MONDAY-TUESDAY | 8:30 AM – 5 PM
EMBASSY SUITES BY HILTON PORTLAND AIRPORT
7900 NE 82ND AVENUE
PORTLAND, OREGON 97220
Early Registration: $400
Standard Registration: $425
Student & Faculty Rate: save $100. Use Promo Code: SCHOOL1. Show school ID at the door.
Standard Registration pricing begins 2 weeks prior to event. Registration closes 1 week prior to event. However, you may contact Dr. Crossen to check availability.
Transform your skills into effective counseling of your clients, particularly those who are resistant or are affected by multiple negative conditions. Learn how and when to use Gottman methods through videos of real couples in therapy, role plays, and demonstrations. The format is a safe, non-judgmental environment for you to practice and refine your clinical skills.
- master’s degree or doctoral degree OR current enrollment in a graduate program in a mental health-related field,
- therapy experience highly recommended, but not required.
DR. JOHN “JACK” CROSSEN
Dr. Crossen is the only master Gottman trainer in the Portland area, and has an extensive history of direct collaboration with Gottman Institute founders Drs. John and Julie Gottman. In addition to working with couples at workshops, classes and private sessions, Dr. Crossen also trains and certifies other healthcare professionals to become Gottman therapists.
He has 30+ years of experience and numerous partnerships with universities, counseling centers and private practices throughout the northwest region.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 1
HOW THIS TRAINING HELPS YOU
You’re finding that your core strength is working with couples, and you want to follow that passion.
Your clients are often reaching a dead-end in therapy or relapsing. They need clear-cut processes to replace their destructive behaviors with better ones.
You want to expand to or specialize in couples therapy, counseling and workshops.
You want to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history and values.
You seek research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict, communicate, and improve intimacy.
You need better methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 1
Learn the basics of Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples learn and strengthen their:
- Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
GOTTMAN LEVEL 1
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion
- Up to 12 CE hours available
Workshops are generally held in Portland at the conveniently located Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport. However, Dr. Crossen will travel to locations to accommodate group events.