- Level 2 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Workshop
August 9, 2017 - August 11, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY
Level 2 CLINICAL TRAINING
Assessment, Intervention and Co-Morbidities
PRESENTED BY: DR. CROSSEN
9 AM – 5 PM
EMBASSY SUITES BY HILTON PORTLAND AIRPORT
7900 NE 82ND AVENUE
PORTLAND, OREGON 97220
Early Registration: $800
Standard Registration: $825
Student & Faculty Rate: save $200. Use Promo Code: SCHOOL2. Show school ID at the door.
Early Registration ends 2 weeks prior to event. Standard Registration closes 1 week prior to event. However, you may contact Dr. Crossen to check availability.
Expand your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy, refine your clinical skills, and expand your toolbox of strategies and interventions, and integrate Gottman concepts into your practice. This training includes viewing and analyzing films of Gottman clinicians demonstrating Gottman techniques.
- master’s degree or doctoral degree OR current enrollment in a graduate program in a mental health-related field,
- completion of Level 1 Training,
- therapy experience highly recommended, but not required.
DR. JOHN “JACK” CROSSEN
Dr. Crossen is the only master Gottman trainer in the Portland area, and has an extensive history of direct collaboration with Gottman Institute founders Drs. John and Julie Gottman. In addition to working with couples at workshops, classes and private sessions, Dr. Crossen also trains and certifies other healthcare professionals to become Gottman therapists.
He has 30+ years of experience and numerous partnerships with universities, counseling centers and private practices throughout the northwest region.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 2
HOW THIS TRAINING HELPS YOU
You have found Level 1 training concepts helpful, and want to continue to integrate Gottman methods in your work.
Help couples counter the four primary behaviors that lead to divorce.
You want to teach and couples the self-soothing process so helpful dialogue can occur during times of conflict.
You want to help couples replace attacking and defensive positions as they work through gridlocked problems.
You want to capably identify the five common co-morbidities during the assessment process, and implement the appropriate interventions in your therapy plan.
Gain confidence as you develop the insight to know how and when to use Gottman, and identify situations in which use of Gottman is contraindicated.
Gain the opportunity to view and analyze videos of experienced clinicians’ demonstrating therapy methods at the Gottman Institute.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 2
Truly internalize and integrate Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples learn and strengthen their:
- Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
GOTTMAN LEVEL 2
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 Training Certificate of Completion
- Up to 20 CE hours available
Workshops are generally held in Portland at the conveniently located Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport. However, Dr. Crossen will travel to locations to accommodate group events.