- Level 3 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Workshop
October 11, 2017 - October 13, 2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY
Level 3 CLINICAL TRAINING
PRESENTED BY: DR. CROSSEN
9 AM – 5 PM
EMBASSY SUITES BY HILTON PORTLAND AIRPORT
7900 NE 82ND AVENUE
PORTLAND, OREGON 97220
EARLY REGISTRATION: $1,150
STANDARD REGISTRATION: $1,175
Student & Faculty Registration: save $400. Use Promo Code: SCHOOL3. Show school ID at the door.
Early Registration closes
Sept 28 Sept 29. Standard registration closes 1 week prior to event. However, you may contact Dr. Crossen to check availability.
Transform your skills into effective counseling of your clients, particularly those who are resistant or are affected by multiple negative conditions. Learn how and when to use Gottman methods through videos of real couples in therapy, role plays, and demonstrations. The format is a safe, non-judgmental environment for you to practice and refine your clinical skills.
- master’s degree or doctoral degree OR current enrollment in a graduate program in a mental health-related field,
- completion of Levels 1 and 2 Training,
- therapy experience highly recommended, but not required.
DR. JOHN “JACK” CROSSEN
Dr. Crossen is the only master Gottman trainer in the Portland area, and has an extensive history of direct collaboration with Gottman Institute founders Drs. John and Julie Gottman. In addition to working with couples at workshops, classes and private sessions, Dr. Crossen also trains and certifies other healthcare professionals to become Gottman therapists.
He has 30+ years of experience and numerous partnerships with universities, counseling centers and private practices throughout the northwest region.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 3
HOW THIS TRAINING HELPS YOU
You want to help clients grasp the “Sound Relationship House” concept, and effectively explain their challenges.
Your want to make accurate assessments through the Oral History Interview, and draw correct implications.
You want to help each partner identify his or her own Four Horsemen behaviors and learn to counter them.
You need effective methods to clarify clients’ conflicts and help them find solutions, particularly to gridlocked problems.
You want to help couples feel hopeful that they can identify and achieve their dreams.
You want to successfully intervene when “flooding” occurs during therapy sessions.
You want to understand and utilize Compromise Ovals intervention to guide couples toward solutions.
You want to further develop your skills to sensitively and compassionately assist couples with co-morbidities.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 3
Effectively select the appropriate tools in Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples learn and strengthen their:
- Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
GOTTMAN LEVEL 3
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- 300+ page Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 3 Training Certificate of Completion
- Up to 20 CE hours available
Workshops are generally held in Portland at the conveniently located Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport. However, Dr. Crossen will travel to locations to accommodate group events.