DR. JOHN “JACK” CROSSEN
DR. CROSSEN AND HIS WIFE KATHY
“Super important for us to finally be addressing something we’ve avoided and been stuck on for a long time. Thank you, Dr. Jack!”
Couples Workshop Attendee
“After my videoconference with Dr. Jack, I could clearly see the way for helping my client. I love Dr. Jack’s patience and wisdom.”
Dr. Crossen is the first Master Gottman Therapy Trainer in the Portland area, and has an extensive history of direct collaboration with Gottman Institute founders Drs. John and Julie Gottman, assisting at their Seattle workshops several times a year since 2007. His partnership with universities, counseling centers and private practices throughout the northwest region enable Dr. Crossen to provide services to a broad reach of therapists and couples alike.
Dr. Crossen’s passion for learning and helping couples spurred him to earn the highest level of Gottman certification. As of 2016, he is one of 25 therapists worldwide to earn a Master Gottman Couples Therapist certificate. But that distinction is not the end for Dr. Crossen.
A self-described “passionate learner of all things,” Dr. Crossen continues to work to acquire all available and up-to-date knowledge that will benefit couples. Dr. Crossen’s private therapy and workshops center around research and methods from The Gottman Institute, founded by Drs. John and Julie Gottman.
The Gottman Institute’s landmark investigations and creative data collection methods in the 1980s led to a deeper, clinical understanding of the patterns of interactions and behaviors of couples in happy, long-lasting relationships.
“The entire field of couples and marriage counseling underwent a re-boot,” Dr. Crossen says. “Previously, solid studies of beneficial approaches to working with couples did not exist. The Gottman findings led to the development of a practical and easy-to-understand model to build and sustain closeness, friendship and intimacy.”
Seeking Therapist Training & Certification?
DR. CROSSEN PROMISES TO –
- Achieve mutual understanding about your professional goals.
- Share his expertise to guide you and help you achieve your goals.
- Provide a post-assessment to ensure services have met your goals.
- Offer further consultation, such as professional assistance and mentorship, as needed.
Seeking help with your Relationship?
DR. CROSSEN PROMISES TO –
- Listen and interact with empathy and without judgement.
- Ask clarifying questions and check with each partner to ensure accurate understanding.
- Provide personalized treatment plans and flexible treatment processes.
- Undergo a thorough assessment process.
- Be guided by the principle that rich, effective relationships are possible for all couples regardless of gender, creed, color, ethnicity or income level.