- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 (Two Consecutive Fridays)
February 21, 2020 - February 28, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY
Level 1 CLINICAL TRAINING
BRIDGING THE COUPLE CHASM
Continuing Education Hours Available
Include Working Lunches
PRESENTED BY: DR. CROSSEN
FRIDAYS | FEB 21, FEB 28
8:30 AM – 5 PM
205 Business Center | Northwest Catholic Counseling Center
8383 NE Sandy Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97220
RATES AND DISCOUNTS
STUDENT: $325 | DEADLINE Feb 19, 2020
EARLY REGISTRATION: $400 | DEADLINE Feb 5, 2020
STANDARD REGISTRATION: $425 | DEADLINE Feb 19, 2020
STUDENT, INTERN, FACULTY DISCOUNT: Must show school ID at the door.
If event registration expires, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for admittance.
Transform your skills into effective counseling of your clients, particularly those who are resistant or are affected by multiple negative conditions. Learn how and when to use Gottman methods through videos of real couples in therapy, role plays, and demonstrations. The format is a safe, non-judgmental environment for you to practice and refine your clinical skills.
- master’s degree or doctoral degree OR current enrollment in a graduate program in a mental health-related field,
- therapy experience highly recommended, but not required.
DR. JOHN “JACK” CROSSEN
Dr. Crossen is the only Gottman Master Trainer in the Portland area, and has an extensive history of direct collaboration with Gottman Institute founders Drs. John and Julie Gottman. In addition to working with couples at workshops, classes and private sessions, Dr. Crossen also trains and certifies other healthcare professionals to become Gottman therapists.
He has 30+ years of experience and numerous partnerships with universities, counseling centers and private practices throughout the northwest region.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 1
HOW THIS TRAINING HELPS YOU
You’re finding that your core strength is working with couples, and you want to follow that passion.
Your clients are often reaching a dead-end in therapy or relapsing. They need clear-cut processes to replace their destructive behaviors with better ones.
You want to expand to or specialize in couples therapy, counseling and workshops.
You want to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history and values.
You seek research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict, communicate, and improve intimacy.
You need better methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts.
GOTTMAN LEVEL 1
In this clinically oriented and evidence-based two-day workshop, participants will learn
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues
- Ways to help couples uncovering their underlying dream and values
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
GOTTMAN LEVEL 1
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- 300-page Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion
- Up to 12 CE hours available
Venue: 205 Business Center
Venue Phone: 503-220-1332Address:
The venue is conveniently located off I-205 and I-84, and 10 minutes from Portland International Airport.